306 Central Locking

Central locking playing up on 1998 LX 306. Locking via any of the front doors causes the locks to lock and then straight away unlock all the doors, a bit of a security problem me thinks. Temporarily got round the problem by removing the relevant fuse (but this cuts power to the radio- not ideal) but at least I can manually lock all the doors. Can anyone shed any light on the most likely faults(so) causing this. Tried my local independent garage who suggested going to the local main dealer to run their diagnostic equipment at it but I don't relish paying main dealer prices.

Thanks for any assistance.

Nige

Reply to
Blobby

"Blobby" wrote: > Central locking playing up on 1998 LX 306. Locking via any of > the front > doors causes the locks to lock and then straight away unlock > all the doors, > a bit of a security problem me thinks. Temporarily got round > the problem by > removing the relevant fuse (but this cuts power to the radio- > not ideal) but > at least I can manually lock all the doors. Can anyone shed > any light on the > most likely faults(so) causing this. Tried my local > independent garage who > suggested going to the local main dealer to run their > diagnostic equipment > at it but I don't relish paying main dealer prices. > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Nige

i have a 1994 306 sedane happened to me to on friday out of blue, went to lock door n it pops open. thign is i just had my battery replaced and sinc ei dont knwo how to work the code for the radio my radio is now locked. do u think the two are linked? i hav eto put it into auto electrictian will have to be monday or tuesday now, for the radio i wonder if he can help me. i to dont wanna pay dealer prices, cant afford it either. any input woudl help a bundle

Reply to
vodkakid99

This is what happens when the doors cannot be locked, for example because one of them is not shut properly.

So maybe there is some reason why one of the doors is failing to lock, perhaps some obstruction or something that prevents cental locking, but can be overcome by force when locking it manaully.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

Apart from the fact the diagnostic equipment won't pick any faults up on the central locking for this car. But I suggest the usual thing, being "A" pillar looms. Well documented in the past. Do a search in Google.

Reply to
Nigel

nigel is the man peel the rubbers back on the door connectors anbd look for broken wires

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thanks to all who replied - time to get the hands dirty me thinks.

Reply to
Blobby

"Blobby" wrote in news:ESoYd.2668$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

Might be a dodgy or U/S solenoid on one of the doors (aka. 'activator'). I guess you would rather it was that than early loom failure.

Reply to
southpawArcher

In message , southpawArcher writes

I've got this - but it's really really intermittent, and I can get round it by holding the key in the unlock position and opening the door, this then stops the central locking doing it's thing. Never happened to me yet whilst locking the doors though.

Reply to
mike. buckley

if you know the code and just put the wrong one in so the display is locked, press and hold the GEO button and you'll get the option to try again

Reply to
SimonDS

If it is of any use to anyone else the local pug dealer replaced the drivers door actuator (claimed it was faulty) and repaired broken wire in the loom. Grand cost of £229.00 (ouch) - wonder if I was stitched up, but very glad to be able to lock the car again.

The worrying thing is they reported that other wires in the loom were in a poor condition and may cause trouble in the future - maybe time to trade it in before it bites me.

Nige

Reply to
Blobby