306, wet in footwell

Hi I just got myself a 1995 306XL and when I was installing an amplifier for my cd-player I noticed that the underneath of the carpet in the front passenger foot well was wet (quite wet in fact) is there a known area that leaks on these 306's or do you think it is the heater matrix, although the driver side footwell is fine. thanks for any help Quartz

Reply to
Quartz

The water in the foot well , is proberly caused by the plastic cover behind the door card split or comming away.

its quite a common problem. it needs re fixing or replacing

Reply to
colcol172

behind the door card split or comming away.

This plastic cover, is it the one that is actually inside the door itself, in-between the metal of the door and the door cover/interior. (the part you take of by unscrewing the arm rest and door pull etc. cheers Jrk

Reply to
Jeff

Hi.. Thanks for your help, I will check that out this weekend Jrk

Reply to
Jeff