306 Wet Footwell

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem that I have with me pug. I've recently bought a R'reg (98) 306 XSI 3dr hatch and my drivers footwell keeps getting totally soaked. I at first thought it was those sale signs they so love to trap in the doors and these have knackered me door seal but I cannot see any sign of the door not sealing properly. Also if it was getting in from the door seal from when it rains the carpet along the inside of the sill would be wet, but in this case it isn't.

I have had problems with my rear washer and I have a nasty idea that maybe it might be pumping this water into my footwell when ever I use this, however this is just a guess as I don't know what side of the car the rear washer line runs, knowing this would atleast be a start.

I'd appreciate anyone's ideas or help on this, many thanks Si.

Reply to
Puma Prodigy

Kreso

I had this on my 405GLD. It was the heater matrix leaking. The matrix costs about £80 but I gather it costs an arm and a leg if you take it to a garage. You have to remove the whole dashboard/fachia.

The joys of owning a Peugeot!

Reply to
Mike A

hope it was trade becuase it sounds like the heater matrix. whole dashboard has to be removed. a days work. gonna cost you plenty.

Reply to
SimonDS

Reply to
rhay

In message , SimonDS writes

How hard can it be to buy a Haynes and do it yourself? A days labour in a Pug dealer to fit a 40 quid part is going to be a lot of money. My local garage charges 30 quid an hour so I'd expect to nearly double that for a Pug dealer.

Reply to
mike. buckley