307 clunks & loud cracks?

I've now traded in my 307 HDI 90 51 plate 2001 for a 5dr 307 HDI 90 03 plate

2003, only had it 4 weeks and already had a nasty loud clunk/crack from the car today,what is it with the 307's suspension components? if it's not the anti roll bar it's the bushes or the shocks themselves,Has anyone had these symptoms and got them rectified by a dealer? because i had the so called anti rollbar mod done on my old 307 and it did disappear for a while and eventually came back,which is why i thought i'd trade it in for a newer model and hopefully things would have been upgraded since the early versions.it seems not as i now have the same fault yet again,what's strange is it seems to only do it when it's been raining or damp outside and the car has been stood only then i get these very annoying creaks/clunks & cracks.this is my 1st pug and will probably be my last,i've spent thousands on 2 307's now and am not happy at all,i'm beginning to think to just cut my losses and get shut.
Reply to
Ady

Mine is the same. The front anti-roll bars were fixed at the second time of asking - there was a new mod so it depends on when it was done. The cracks and noises from the rear is ongoing and it is in at a new dealers tomorrow. The previous one has tried to fix it since January so hopefully this one will be a bit better. I suspect it is shock absorbers - is this a known fault with 307s. Peugeot and previous dealer denied it but I remember seeing a few posts about shock absorbers. What about bushes etc? Will let you know how it goes at the dealers.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Hi,

I'm driving a 307 HDI 110 PS SW and had the same problems. After a lot of trying the dealer has put rubber "socks" under the shocks (how do you say that in English) No iron on iron contact anymore and all strange sounds are gone..

Harm-Jan

"Ady" schreef in bericht news:sHi3d.36217$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
news.wanadoo.nl

Hmm not quite sure what the shocks have got to do with it? As far as i know it's the anti roll bar common problem.

Reply to
Ady

Hi

I just had my 307 SE fixed for the same problem (hopefully it will last) The dealer told me he also had put some rubber between the shocks

BR NielsC

Reply to
Niels Christensen