307 glovebox saga continues

Three months ago, the glovebox handle snapped off. Our friendly but inept local Peugeot service centre replaced the whole glovebox door under warranty after a delay of about a month (supply problems...).

They fitted the new glovebox at such a crazy angle that it was clearly unnacceptable. They tried to adjust it but couldn't and said they'd have to order another lid.

Two months later, after many phone calls, they finally called the 307 in for its new glovebox. We left them the car for two hours and returned to find the glovebox even worse than it was before! They actually thought they'd fixed it and tried to hand it over. It's incredible. They couldn't do anything else about it that day, so it was a waste of half a day.

They agreed (after some hard words) to collect the car for the next attempt to save further hanging about, which they have done today.

Will they fix it? I'll be amazed if they do. Trouble is, they've got yet another problem to fix while they're at it: a recurrence of the nasty creak from the rear that they temporarily fixed (I suspect their tools consist of just a hammer and a large pack of blu-tack) on one of its many previous visits. No doubt this will be the start of a new saga.

It's no surprise that the 307 came third from bottom again in the latest Top Gear survey. I dread to think how much all these visits to the dealer would cost if the car were out of warranty, which it will be shortly.

307 owners - treat your glovebox with great care!

Androo

Reply to
Androo

I'm amazed. They fixed it. Finally. It now fits as well as the original. Perhaps the loan 206 was to make us appreciate the 307. A good trick.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

"Androo" wrote in news:t_ycncAmb snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk:

The 307 has all the bells and whistles, but it's like driving a van in comparison to the (IMHO) superior 306. Had a 307 as a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago for a few days: no 'charisma' at all, really odd 'feel' to it. Was glad to get my 306 back: don't think that was the garage's idea though!

I guess with 307, Pug decided to plug into the sub-MPV form-factor for the

306's successor.

Each to their own though.

Reply to
southpawArcher

I have a creak from the rear too. No luck getting it fixed. Did you ever find out what they did to fix it this time or the last time? My local dealer could do with all the help they can get in diagnosing it.

I agree totally about the dealers and the car. I think the 307 was actually second from bottom in the TG survey. I believe the quote I read was 'truly shameful build quality' I can see what they mean, and the customer service is even worse.

Reply to
HDIdriver

I had creaks all over.

Dealer has silenced them all.

I notice an overspray of WD40 around the hinges on all doors.

When I asked what they did that fixed it, he said he lubricated the doors and anti-roll bar with some "magic" spray.

He mentioned the tail gate in particular. Not sure if they actually adjusted that also.

Hope this helps.

MJ

Reply to
Mungo Jerry

Thanks for that. I might ask them to give it a good spray. Having said they dont really seem to be on very good speaking terms with me at the moment. I am always complaining and causing them trouble it seems.

I wonder why???

Reply to
HDIdriver

I wonder if the dealers love the 307 for all the extra warranty work it brings them, or hate it for all the pi**ed off customers that never buy another Peugeot...

Androo

Reply to
Androo

They hate it. Peugeot are pretty stingy with what they pay for and dont help the dealers out much. They only seem to like the regular servicing work which doesn't require any (free) investigation - and dont they make it blatently obvious!!

Reply to
HDIdriver