307 running sweetly at last

The latest knocking noise turned out to be an ill fitting brake caliper that waggled from side to side. The aircon has been serviced and no longer smells. The radiator is still full of water despite the Peugeot dealer saying (a month ago) that we needed a new one, the new bulb went into the rear light despite Peugeot telling us we needed a whole new rear light cluster because it was 'damaged'.

I get the impression, since the car is now out of warranty and all the latest problems have been attended to by a small local garage, that the car will now get better. Perhaps the moral is to take your 307 away from Peugeot's inept main dealers and get somebody who knows what they are doing to fix it. Our local man was shocked about the radiator incident. "Didn't they give you the results of a pressure test?" he said. Nope. May have to follow that one up.

-- Androo (Remove your clothes to reply)

Reply to
androo

Hi,

I'd join you to shout the same.

For sure. This kind of pollution seems to be pretty common these days, and I see it is not specific to french groups...

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T