307 HDI Gear problem.

My 4 year old 307 Hdi has just started to give gear selection problems,

3rd gear can be selected after a crunch but on some occasions will kick out, all the other gears are ok, although 4th did an imitation of the crunch once. the car has covered 65.000 miles and has been dealer serviced ! My local mechanic said Oh that will be expensive, so if I am armed with some insight into what it may be , I can judge whether to use him or not. Thanks in anticipation. Mike.
Reply to
BoroBoy

Does it happen all the time or only when warm?

Check your gear linkage, check your gearbox oil and make sure your clutch cable is releasing properly first. Those tasks are relatively easy.

Any mechanic that starts saying something will be expensive without even looking at it should be well avoided.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Reply to
Mike D