307 2.0 HDi - Service Cost?

The first service of my 307 2.0 Hdi 110 is going to cost me £185 + VAT @ Newbury Peugeot.

Car has done 22,000 miles ish and it will be the 2nd major service its had, but the 1st since Ive owned the car.

My question is, is £185 + VAT a good indication of Peugeot service costs in the UK?

My Audi was way less than this at its normal service intervals.

Is there anyway I can reduce the cost (Supply my own oil??)

TIA. John.

Reply to
John & Frank

The best way is phone a few Peugeot dealers, you will be surprised at the differences.

The other way is to not go to Peugeot.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

I have the Xantia with that engine. Service at 12,000 miles, so this will be your second I guess. I buy semi synthetic oil and a filter from Europarts, £14.95. My air filter is a K&N, never needs replacing but yours is about £8. Fuel filter about £8. £30+ for parts. Main dealer will charge £60. My labour £0. Theirs about £60 an hour and will charge two hours although it takes about 45 minutes. All the rest of the service relates to checking things,-not replacing items nor repairing. Blobs of dirty oil on the hinges, door locks and and steering wheel come free. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Try national tyres,they regularly put coupons in the national papers offering cheap oil and filter changes, I have used them for years on my previous petrol engine, typical cost £15, I now have a 406 diesel and am taking it in to them.

Reply to
terb

Rubbish! The book time for the 12,000 service on a 307 HDI is .90 (just under an hour). You need an oil filter, oil and a sump bung washer. The pollen filter is usually changed every service, but you can opt out of that if you want, and get it changed every other. Should cost around £130 with the VAT. Complain about any dirty marks. We use seat covers, floor covers and steering wheel covers, and we chuck in a free carwash.

Reply to
Nigel

Well, there you go, ninety minutes at £1.66 a minute.That's about £100 an hour. Getting on for Cherie Blair's fees. National and others such as ATS will do an oil and filter change for £15 on that engine. I'd pay a bit more for semi synthetic oil. I say again, the rest of the service is just checking levels and having a look. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

(Actually meant 'less than sixty minutes'.

That's about £100 an hour.> ---

Main Dealers!!??***! Even more sad is the fact that the young grease monkey on a fiver an hour does the service. You're paying for the fancy marble showroom, coffee machine, posh liveried receptionists and other flunkies when all you need is an oil change and filter. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Hiiii,

Totally. It's worth getting the Haynes manual out of your local Library just for a quick gander at what's actually involved in doing the various services. It can be a revelation ... I fixed 'garage serviced' cars for years, and I never yet found one that had been honestly maintained. Main dealers' vehicles were the worst - 'maintenance by neglect, lazy dependence on the fact that the cars will stand a lot of neglect from new anyway'. It's criminal waste, really - well-maintained modern cars can easily get round the clock twice (or more) without any expensive trouble at all ... they may still look like 'tin boxes with lights on' just like they did 30 years ago or more, but the general quality of them is vastly better these days with mechanical lifespan to match.

Phil A

Reply to
<philipfaeunst