405 engine No.

I need to find the engine No. of my 405DT, but I don't actually know what format of number I should be looking for, or whereabouts on the engine I should be looking. I know that the engine is a XU9DT, but I assume that the engine no has some sort of serial No. unique to that particular engine ?

Anyway, replies appreciated.

Cheers, Albert

Reply to
Albert T Cone

The engine number should be on your registration document.

Reply to
malc

Hi,

Could that be on a metal plate fixed to the cylinder block, about between cylinders 2 and 3 ? On my 205D I've got such a number (1CV1Z something). Don't know where it is on a XUD9TE (TE 'cause your car has an intercooler - there also was a XUD9T, eh). Some hoses may be hiding the plate, though.

Don't make the confusion with the engine "plate code", which should be a black plate around cyl4 just under the head, black and white, written above "Type" and "Régl" (for "réglage"), and which should be formed of three characters, usually letter-digit-letter, like "A9A" or "D6B".

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
"Albert T Cone" a écrit dans le message de news:Xns9571B1715F757224267@130.133.1.4...
Reply to
G.T

in news:BmZ5d.235$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net, "malc" slurred :

...which I don't have. I am taking the car for a VIC (Vehicle Identity Check) so that I can get a replacement V5, but I need the engine No. for the VIC application form. The No. must be stamped on the engine somewhere, I am sure, but since I am not entirely sure what the number should look like, or whereabouts it might be, I couldn't see it.

Cheers, Albert

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Thanks GT, very useful.

I'll bear that in mind. From what I've been able to find, and what you have said, the Engine No. format should be something like:

NLLNL NNNNNN (where L=letter, N=number)

I should be able to find that, now I know what I'm after.

Many thanks, Albert

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hi,

You're welcome, I hope this helps.

BTW, both plates are riveted together with the cylinder block.

Well, perhpaps (I'm too lazy to open my bonnet at this moment :-) as I've never been careful about that.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T