405 + Oxygenaudio speakers ?

Hi,

I've been given to Oxygenaudio speakers (Alium 165) but they don't seem to fit in the front doors of my 405 : they are either too deep (~8,5 mm) and they hit a piece of metal in the door, or the diameter of the... hmm... the 'things where the magnets are' (I don't know the technical terms, and my english could be better...) is too large (~10 mm). The problem is that I don't know if the hole in the door has already been modified (I'm the fourth owner...), if the actual speakers are the original ones (they are in quite a bad state, nothing is written on them), if I can remove the small piece of metal that blocks the new speakers, if...

So, if anyone could give me any advice... (btw, I don't have any manual for these speakers)

Thank you :-)

Reply to
SeeSchloss

(supersedes )

Hi,

I've been given two Oxygenaudio speakers (Alium 165) but they don't seem to fit in the front doors of my 405 : they are either too deep (~8,5 mm) and they hit a piece of metal in the door, or the diameter of the... hmm... the 'things where the magnets are' (I don't know the technical terms, and my english could be better...) is too large (~10 mm). The problem is that I don't know if the hole in the door has already been modified (I'm the fourth owner...), if the actual speakers are the original ones (they are in quite a bad state, nothing is written on them), if I can remove the small piece of metal that blocks the new speakers, if...

So, if anyone could give me any advice... (btw, I don't have any manual for these speakers)

Thank you :-)

[edit: 'to' > 'two']
Reply to
SeeSchloss