306- Immobilised

Dear all,

I know it may have already been covered, but I can't find the answer...

306 XRDT

The immobilisor light is off, but when you turn the key it appears that it is still on. The relay can be heard clicking. No luck pressing the steering column switch either. The alarm is switched off at the key (under the bonnet). Any clues most welcome, before submitting to an expensive garage.

jf

Reply to
ColneyGirl

answer...

Don't know for sure but whenever I hear of a clicking sound when trying to start the engine I suspect the battery. On 306s there is a control unit just after the battery which I think cuts the supply if the battery is weak. Might be worth getting the battery checked out or try a new one.

Hope that helps, Stuart

Stuart Dalby

Reply to
rhay

No, I have changed the battery and the immobilisior is still on. Anyone know of a way of re-setting or by passing the alarm/immobilisior.

Reply to
ColneyGirl

Hi

Go to the back seat and lift up the seat. Inside the seat back there are two connectors. Put your hand up inside the seat back at the centre and you will feel those connectors. Disconnect those and then reconnect them and your alarm will `bleep`. Hopefully this will reset your immobilliser.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Jim,

Many thanks, that has done the trick. It has also re-set the alarm and central locking ??!!

JF

Reply to
ColneyGirl

Glad to have been of help.