405 rear drum brakes

I have a 1994 405 TD estate. I am replacing the drum brake shoes but cannot decide if the handbrake operating lever goes on the inside or outside of the shoe. The haynes manual pictures both. any help appreciated.

Reply to
Mike Hands

Just done a set meself. Lever on the outside, both sides. The pic in the Haynes manual shows the same shoe from front then back. This shows the spring location points better. Follow the manual spring by spring on reassembly, they are pretty staightforward. Hope this helps. Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Many thanks for this, had eventually come to the same conclusion as it appears to affect the self adjusters. I suspect that they would not take up if the levers were on the inside.

Reply to
Mike Hands