406 2.1 TD Question

Hi all

My 406 TDi 2.1 (1998) has started to make a weird vibrating noise when accelerating. No difference to performance/functionality, but he noise is very apparent - above the general engine noise. It sounds a bit like something is loose just behind the dash. Like playing cards in the spokes of a bike (if anyone remembers that). Checked under the bonnet, all seems secure...any ideas???

Andy

Reply to
Squid

cheers neil, how did you fix this? Dealer job or can it be done diy??(as you may have guessed, I don't know much about this)

Andy

Reply to
Squid

Sorry for the delay, been away. This was a job for my local garage. Quite a bit of work involved in it, they have to take something to do with the air con out. I think it was a 2-3 hour job and the part was about £55.

Hope it may help you

Neil

Reply to
Neil D