406 cd changer

I have a 1998 Peugeot 406 GLX which has the higher spec radio to support a cd changer. The vehicle is not fitted with the changer. Is the CD cable likely to be fitted & if so where do I find it.

Thanks..Geoff

Reply to
stopfordian

If it's the same as my 306 then it's hidden under the rear seat! Dealer told me it would cost a fortune to wire/connect and when I pulled the rear seats up the cable was lying underneath!!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

BTW I took the Pug unit out and fitted a SONY unit with CD changer for less than Pug wanted for the changer on its own!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

I've got the same car. Sorry, no it doesn't have the cable in place, I had to do it myself. It's not really that difficult, you can route it behind the boot side panel and then down the side of the back seat and then lift up the plastic trim at the bottom of the doorways and slip it under. I just pushed it under I think, rather than taking the trim out completely. That all ends under the dashboard and the rest is easy. Hope this helps,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D