306 Clutch

I'm wondering if I have a problem with the clutch on my 306 1.6i on a P plate. Since I've had the car (1 year) the clutch has been very heavy to push down. I have changed the clutch, cable and release arm bushes in the bell housing. the pedal is free. Are all 306's heavy, or have I missed something. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Dusty

I can tell you that I also have a 306 1.6 P reg and the clutch is heavy on mine. I had the cable changed to try to cure the problem, which helped a little bit ,but only for a few months and then got heavy again.

Reply to
Dan

i have a 1.6Xr, and test drove others before buying mine, all were heavy

Reply to
KW_UK

Thanks, guess I'll have to live with it.

Reply to
Dusty

you definately get used to it, i find it takes me a short while to get used to driving a friends car now as the clutch is always so much lighter!

Reply to
KW_UK