Spider in my 306 mirror

There's a spider living in my driver's side mirror that is driving me nuts. Does anybody have any ideas of how to get rid of it? I am fed up of brushing the web off each time I use the car.

Anybody suggesting I install a bird had better bear in mind there isn't room for the cat, dog goat etc. :-(

Reply to
Phil Cook

Give it a good blast with insect killer spray, via the gap at the edge. When itsy-bitsy comes scurrying out, kill him.

Reply to
Joe Soap

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Take the mirror out

Its not too difficult

Tony R

Reply to
anthony redshaw

Wanna buy a sledgehammer? Nuts for the cracking of?

Reply to
Joe Soap

It is, after all, an Italian car - the above (1st) rule shall apply.

Or you could try a vacuum cleaner........

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam

hose pipe?

Reply to
Mindwipe

Mindwipe wrote in news:4130b000$0$20251 $ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

I had a spider living behind my 306's passenger-side mirror a few weeks ago; had webby geometric handiwork reappearing every couple of days.

I think a good car wash may have evicted it for good. ;-)

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

Learn to live with it, it'll keep the flys down. I'm always sad to see the back of my wing mirror spider.

Reply to
jim.

I wonder if this is some whole new breed of spider, the wing-mirror spider?

Andy

Reply to
Nik

got one in my 406,zapped the cavity with fly spray and had it no more, for about a week! then another one arrived! mind I live on a farm and the buildings are covered in webs. Now I don't bother,I just place the high jet spray in the mirrors when I wash the car. Like to think of them hanging on for dear life!

Reply to
Harry Hotspur

Thanks for all the sugestions folks. The high pressure wash is a non starter cos the car is parked away from a power supply :-(

I'll give it a squirt with insecticide and see if incy wincy dies.. knowing my luck she'll leave her house to her sisters in her will :-(

Reply to
Phil Cook