406 Misting problem

When the outside temperature drops to 5 degrees the windows start to mist up and as the temperature drops it gets worse. The aircon gets plenty cold when asked, drips water when parked after a run and is always set to Auto.

Tha car doesn't smell damp and the carpets aren't wet.

Any suggestions.

Peter

Reply to
ph12

set on auto, temp as desire (22c maybe?) A/C and not ECCO dont close vent (recycle button). hope that will help

Reply to
voxDEI

Come on guys you can do better than that,

I used to experience this in my 406, its nothing to do with your climate settings as such, its to do with the ambient air temperature in the car and then outside air temperature.....

Its like having a cold bottle of water on a sunny day, condensation appears on the bottle and then you start to see water running ! just make sure all vents are open and that you have your vents set to face and feet.....

Forget about the screen the air temp out side during movement causes friction and therefore warms the screen which in turn keeps it clear. Let me guess it starts misting when pottering around, low speeds and the fans are on inside the car ?

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Reply to
SimonDS

The demisting only works when the outside temperature is above 3-5 degrees C

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Reply to
SimonDS