Peugeot 406 Remote Key Programming?

Hi,

I've bought a remote key (signal type, not infra red) that I believe is for a 406. I'm trying to open the key but it does not have a visible screw like the 306 keys I am used to. Can someone advise how you open these things?

TIA

Reply to
StealthUK

Flat bladed screw driver where the ring goes though and prize it open

Reply to
Cheater2k

Cheers mate!

Reply to
StealthUK

Reply to
Mindwipe :-)

No No No No No thats wrong and may cause damage, the key is designed to be opened with a coin......

Look at the top of the key where the yey ring goes through, you will see a split in the end of the plastic, insert a ten pence peice in there hold the key and then twist the coin safest way.

This prevents damaging the PCB inside !

Remember that because 406 keys aren't cheap !

Reply to
Deviant Devanti