406 Radio

I would appreciate any comments or advice as to a problem

The car is a yplate 406 GLX saloon. The radio displays all its information i.e. selected station volume control indicators but no sound come out of the system. Suddenly it kicks into life.

All connections fuses at the back on the dashboard unit and main fuse box's have been checked. Is there a second amplifier if son where is it hidden?

Reply to
Julian Croucher

Hi mate yeah the glx should have a jbl amplifier in the boot ( To tell if it definately has a amp usually the rear shelf speakers have a JBL logo on them). If you have sat nav it should be under the c.d. rom drive in the boot. If no sat nav hhhmmm....... off the top of my head i think its in the n/s/r boot panel (take panel off) or(maybe in the o/s/r boot panel).If you post your full chassis number i will check the installation diagram .The amp itself anyway is a black box and has 2 plugs on it,one is white 16 way and the other is black 16 way.I have seen this problem before a couple o' times and it was an amp BUT I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A AMP PROBLEM!! check it carefully mate. all the best mark

Reply to
MARK B pug m.t. via CarKB.com

Thanks Mark Vin No: VF38BRHZF81289412 Hope this is what you wanted. Sods law all is working at the moment

Julian Croucher