306 HDI and BIO DIESEL ?

I have a 2000 306 HDi Meridian (90) and would like to know if any of you out there have any info regarding problems with running the HDi engine on 100% Bio-Diesel.

I have heard various different moans about injector/fuel pump problems and wondered if these were ungrounded or not.

Bottom line is Bio-Diesel is far cheaper than Dino-Diesel and I think this is the way to go.

Any comments?

Reply to
boodad

Just try it if your engine fails keep the oil company responsible for the damage..........

greetz ,Aat

"boodad" schreef in bericht news:dg3rtk$4hn$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that

Reply to
Don

I know some pumps aren't strong enough to handle BIO, but some like the Bosch units are..

Thanks for the info though.

Don

I am a Ford technician and a couple of months ago we had a new shape fiesta towed in - it was a 1400 tdi - this is a Peugeot engine by the way - the bloke had been running this on bio diesel and knackered the pump - the car was still under warranty but Ford motor company sent out a field engineer and they tested the fuel and the blokes warranty was void on the fuel system and any related components ! If you are going to use it I would only go as far as to mix it something like 80% regular and 20% bio - the total job cast the bloke about £ 2,000 all together ! Hope this helps you make up your mind !

Mike D.

.>I have a 2000 306 HDi Meridian (90) and would like to know if any of you out

Reply to
Me

Mike d ...your smack on mate !!!.How's our engine doing your side (dv4td 1.4 h.d.i) apart from dodgy fuel ???. boodad don't do it mate !!! ive seen a few of these scraped due to "crisp and dry " fuel .your engine dw10td runs on very fine tolerances (injectors on microns) and can be upset by the different viscosity biodiesel.perhaps its not so bad in indirect diesel engines BUT

Reply to
MARK B pug m.t. via CarKB.com

NOT IN DIRECT INJECTION ENGINES!!!

Reply to
MARK B pug m.t. via CarKB.com

That's enough for me thanks...

Worth asking!

Thanks all.

Don

sounds very similar to ours mate ......all the best mark

Reply to
MARK B pug m.t. via CarKB.com