406 Radio

Have got a 406 LX (2000) with a Clarion radio installed (front loading CD).. It has been working fine for ages but this morning it suddenly went berserk, Firstly the radio switched itself off then after a minute back on again, the volume shot up to full blast and almost made me crash, station went dead then it started beeping every few seconds, showing "MUTE" on the display and randomly switching off whilst listening to stations. It locked on one station and wouldnt let me select a different one. Coming home this evening the car behaved beautifully, would the radio be showing signs of failing of would it have been something else?

Reply to
Mrmagoo

"Mrmagoo" wrote in news:bus8d8$8j3$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

I'm pretty sure in that car, the radio is controlled remotely by the display, and all presses on the radio's front panel are simply transmitted to the display, which would explain how it can ignore you. So what you experienced is simply a software fault. An ignition cycle usually cures it (turn ignition off, wait for the ignition relay click a few minutes later, turn ignition on).

Reply to
PaulC