406 saloon fuel sender

After a struggle have managed to remove rear seat, the Haynes manual says that the fuel pump can be accessed by removing a circular plastic plate, however I find that this is covered by a triangular plate rivetted into position, is it alright to drill these out? I find that the wiring on this car is generally shaky with all kinds of odd things happening and despite being a retired electrician am nervous about touching anything, would imagine that the connecters they use are prone to corrosion.

Reply to
terb

Don't know much about your problem but I know I would not drill near a fuel outlet! Now I may be wrong but,if like me,you are not sure,don't risk a fuel explosion,drills get very hot.Not for me to try until I was sure. regards

Reply to
Seafarer

Yes - I pop-riveted a bracket to the floor of my 504 to keep my toolbox in place and wondered why the car always stunk of petrol. The floor of the boot was the fuel tank!

Reply to
Ken

Thanks for your advice Tony, my car is a 98 diesel, wonder whether it would be compatable?

Reply to
terb