Westy: Where's paint code?

I have a 1984 Westy and need to find the paint code for it. This van was a european delivery, and is painted in the euro-spec John-Deere green (not available in the US). I need some touchup paint, and the local shop can whip me some up if I can only find the code...

I looked under the driver seat and in the door sills, but nothing resembling the code. Anyone know where to find it?

Reply to
HooHa

Lacking the paint code a good paint shop can match it using something removable. You would most likely have to buy more then you want though.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

"HooHa" schreef in bericht news:fUeCf.21966$AV.12676@trnddc07...

Ok, i'll try to help, but unfortunately (for you :) it is in Dutch.

Go to:

On the left side of the page there is a navigator, goto 'het m-plaatje', it shows you the location of the code. Then lower in the same navigator there is a button called 'lakcodes'. This should tell you what colorcode you have, BUT... there is no John-Deere green in that list. So for your sake i hope it is called differently...

BTW 'green' is 'groen' in dutch.

hth Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Yea, that did it. The sticker with the code is hidden under the dash, below the fusebox.

Thanks ! Or maybe I should say Dank U

Reply to
HooHa

"HooHa" schreef in bericht news:O7eDf.4276$JO5.931@trnddc04...

You're welcome :) What is the color called anyway? Is it John-Deere green?

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I've seen the paint codes on the fuel tank cover plate in the trunk of my golf and jetta. Check that out in your van.

Reply to
pnichols