407 problems

Hi,

I've had my 407SW since March this year and have done approx 14500 miles in it. Up till the other week I've had no problems with it but now the heater / fan / intermittently stops working. In fact none of the buttons to do with the climate control works. The only way I can get these to work again is to park up and leave the radio on, this then puts the car into "Economy mode active" after about 20 mins and then when I come back to it the following day it all works fine.

Any ideas before I take it to the dealers, the problem is I would have to get it there when it's acting up so they actually believe me !!!!!

Reply to
Steve Boyer

Hi Steve,

I should take it anyway. But are you sure it is a real problem? I don't get much airflow from mine if the outside temperature is close to the climate control settings, and it often has been in the recent warm spell. If it fails to demist the screen, or doesn't work in cold or hot weather then you have a problem.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

Steve Boyer ha scritto:

Have relays checked. Bye

Reply to
NiCkO

Thanks everyone, sounds like it could be a relay. Booked it into the dealers next Tuesday

Reply to
Steve Boyer

Thanks Martin,

Just one other thing, can't be a blown fuse as this is an intermittent problem !!!!

Reply to
Steve Boyer

Ah, fair enough! Sorry, I forgot you had said that.

Reply to
Martin Dixon

are you still having problems or have you had it sorted yet? i will be able to help if not

Reply to
noall

Not yet mate.....have you any ideas ?

Reply to
Steve Boyer

it is more likely to be your a/c control panel, sofware fault within the unit.you require a new one. go to your dealer and tell them they should no what you are on about if they have any sense. if any probs let no and i can help further regards

Reply to
noall

Thanks mate, It went to the dealers and they could not re-create the fault. They have asked that I bring it in when it is actually faulty. But I will mention it to them.

Thanks mate

Reply to
Steve Boyer

In a completely different vehicle (a Ford) I had an intermittent problem which wasted considerable time for me and my dealer until they replaced a thing called the body control module. It may be a sticking relay but the odds are that some firmware is playing up. Your fault is an irritation whereas mine compeltely immobilised the vehicle and the fix was to remove and replace fuses until something reset. I can see parallels in the work-around you have developed.

Reply to
Ken

Thanks Ken

Reply to