806 HDi fuel problem

My 806 has developed a very nasty little quirk of cutting off fuel to the engine whilst on the move! So far I've been lucky in that I was driving slowly and on quiet roads when it 'decided' to cut out and there was no following traffic but for how much longer?? All the faults logged are intermittent - post heating - cooling function and fuel pressure. Has anyone else had this fault with an HDi car? Anyone managed a positive fix for it?

Reply to
Richard Cutler

Get your lift pump in the tank checked ASAP it is a common problem on HDIs. If it is going, there will be tiny metal particles in the filter. If they have not yet punctured the filter you may be lucky and just have to replace the pump and filter and get everything in between thoroughly cleaned. If the filter is punctured it is obviously much worse. Peugeot's answer with my 406 HDI, on which the filter was still intact, was to replace everything from tank to injectors at a quoted price of £3,000. Needless to say I did not get the job done by them. Good luck.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks