Air Condition display backlight

Hi,

I own a 2002 307 XS. I use to drive with working headlights during day hours. When I do so, all the illumination of the controls around the dashboard turn to night mode as well as the Air Condition illumination. I find it very uncomfortable no to be able to read the display due to the low illumination. This cannot be changed by using the illumination switch.

Does anybody has a solution. BTW, I do not use the Lights Always On config but start the headlights manually.

Thanks, Oren

Reply to
orenfl

The solution is not to have your headlights on, in bright light !

You only need to use them in dim light - hence, the dimmed dashboard remains readable.

Quite simply, stop doing that. Problem solved :)

Reply to
Nom

funny, but still doesn't solve the issue... BTW, there are several countries where during certain dates in the year even if there is a direct sun-light, then you MUST BY LAW turn your headlights...

Reply to
orenfl

You can always adjust the display brightness to the highest setting, use the left hand button on the instrument panel (infront of the steering wheel) and pressing it and holding the brightness will go up then down again. just let go when it's at its brightest setting. Of course then the dashboard will probably be too bright for night time!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Chris,

I'm aware of that feature yet, it doesn't get bright enough (the A/C display). I thought of something that will disable the display from going dim...

Reply to
orenfl