Attaching Driving Lights to the front of a 205Gti

Hi,

I'm thinking of attaching 2 or 4 of those big spotlights to the front of my

205. I'm just after some advice on the best way to attach it, and how to power it, etc. Also, if anyone else has done a similar thing, some pics would be cool.
Reply to
Romerio

You can either make your own brackets and attach to the bumper (with supports to the slam pannel) or you can buy a light pod which attaches to the front and you house the lights inside. These come up on eBay from time-to-time (I think there's a guy makes them out of aluminium)

As for powering you'll have to ask someone else - I'm not great with auto-electrics.

Cheers, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Bumper/slam panel mounts are probably best bet. Nice and cheap too.

Easy peasy. Being a 205 GTi you should already have driving light wiring, so just divert it from the front splitter lights to your new driving lights. Or if you want to stick some better wiring in, connect the driving lights wires to a relay, then the relay switch to the lights. Might also want to put a fuse in between the battery and relay for some extra protection.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs