Best place for a CD changer?

Hi

I'm fitting a sony CD changer to my 406 (1997). Were is the best place to it? In the boot, under a seat? And what is the best way to get the cabling to the head unit?

Reply to
Wibble

Personal preference would be in the boot either mounted vertically on one side or suspended from the parcel shelf (which obviously is no use to you but I have a fixed parcel shelf!).

The cabling can come in under the rear seats and then either run down the centre under the carpet or (preferable) down one side of the car under the edge of the carpet where the rubber seals are (there should be a small cavity for this purpose).

Not sure on a 406 what the underside of the dash is like but on my 205 you can reach around and feed the cable roughly in the direction of the head unit. Easier with two people! Obviously do this with the head unit out!

Make sure if you do mount the changer vertically, that you change the setting on it (most have one) that let's it know it's in a vertical position or else you will damage it. It's usually a push switch on one side of it.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Our 406 has the cd in a space created by cutting the top off the trim on the bottom-left of the boot - towards the rear. This is convenient for switching the CDs and also has room for some other necessary junk. This suggests that there is similar potential space on the Right - I may well chop into this as well.

Reply to
ken kerrison