Bloody Beeping

Hi, I have a Pug 307 and when on the motorway It beeps at me when over 70 mph, I haven't really noticed it before as I don't travel on the motorway that much but the other day it was really getting on my nerves, Is there any way that I can de-activate this "feature".

Thanks in advance Robert

Reply to
Robert Lampard

Well dont go over 70 m.p.h thats the speed limit on the motor ways ,lol lol.

Reply to
Chrs

Yea yea yea, I know, but when your overtaking in a 1.6 it can take some time Wink Wink

Reply to
Robert Lampard

Have you got a sat nav? Ours has a speed warning function although as it was set to 140 I don't believe we would ever reach it in a 1998 406.

Reply to
Malc

Do you get no visual warning light, or message on the little screen in the middle?

Reply to
Brian

Slow coach ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Nope no light no nothing in the dash display just Beeping :-(

Reply to
Robert Lampard

Reply to
Robert Lampard

That assumes it knows that it's in the UK, and on public roads, and not on the autobahn, or on a private track.

Otherwise it's just assuming that the limit is 70mph, which isn't always the case.

David Hearn

Its caused by the trip computer. go to the instant figures screen and you should see a key next to the speed icon. hold trip computer reset button/stalk in and it should then come up with speed setting increase as required.

Reply to
Steve Parker