Boxer

I have a Peugeot Boxer 1994 MWB 2.5 diesel, when I turn off the ignition the engine continues to run even if I remove one of the battery leads the engine still runs. The only way to stop the engine is to stall it. Also when the ignition is in the off position the oil light remains on but goes out as soon as I turn on the ignition, the two problems seem to be connected. Can anyone advise me.

Reply to
JJK

As its a diesel and requires no electrical input for the engine to run (once its running) the only way to stop it is to cut off the fuel. When you turn the ignition off a 'stop soleniod' is activated in the diesel pump which cuts the flow off, so i'm gussing this has a problem. Not sure how it would be connected to the oil light, perhaps theres a bit of dodgy wiring somewhere?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds like the stop solenoid on the fuel pump is faulty, has this just occurred or has it been like this for a while,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Thanks Carl, I wasn't sure how a diesel stopped. I had a mess the weekend and narrowed it down to the diesel pump, did a bit of research on the internet and found out about the stop solenoid. No joy with the oil light as yet.

Reply to
JJK