breather pipe

pug 205 1.6 gti

The larger (fatter) of the two breather pipes that connects to the oil filler cap is badly split.

By chance, I have a piece of new radiator hose which is the same diameter as the connections to the filler cap and throttle housing (but in between is much narrower).

I'd like to use this pipe but its much fatter and less pliable than the original. The original takes a convoluted route from the filler cap to the throttle housing. THe thicker tube is not suitable for this route, but I was thinking of connecting it straight from the filler cap to the throttle housing. The path will be much shorter, and the diameter much larger. But I don't see why it shoudn't work perfectly well. Do you aggree

Thanks

Sp.

Reply to
species8350