CD Changer Wiring

I recently bought a peugeot 306 2000 model, and would like to connect a pioneer cd changer. I tried to look for an easy path to the back but could not find any. I guess that the easiest way would be to pass the cable along the existent factory speaker cables right ?

Has any one experienced this ? Could you give me any tips about this ?

Thanks

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I have a 1999 306 XSi and the wiring for the cd changer is already there. Not sure if this is standard or model specific. (Or perhaps mine used to have a cd changer).

Take a look under the passenger side rear seat, that's where my wiring comes out.

It you have to fit new wiring then people generally recommend going along the sills, down the passenger side.

Beware though, I don't think the standard head unit will recognise a pioneer changer.

R.

Reply to
Rich