307 locking

I am looking for a few pointers of a Peugeot Technician if there are any out there - I am a Ford Technician and i drive a 53 plate 307 estate - my problem started about a week ago when i got in the car and shut the drivers door - the heads up display showed the drivers door to be open - i checked and closed it again and it was fine for a day or so until this fault happened again when i was in a rush for work so i set off and the interior light started to flash because it was sensing the door open ! I was wondering if the latches are fitted with door ajar switches the same a Fords and can these be purchased on there own or are they part of the latch - i am going to strip it at the weekend to have a look for myself but any help would be appreciated ! The car will not lock off the key now either as of today - the only way i can lock it is if i turn the key to the lock position and press the key fob at the same time ! My local Peugeot dealer fitted two new latches last August under warranty to fix a radio fault which didn't`fix it by the way - it was the radio it`s self ! The other thing is - does Peugeot offer any kind of good will policy like Ford where if a vehicle is out of warranty they will make a contribution to the cast of repair ! Mike D.

Reply to
Mike D

Dont you like driving FORDS??

Reply to
Chrs

Reply to
Mike D

Can't answer your question regarding the availability of the switch, but in my experience, if you can get to it, a squirt of WD40 or similar and operating it a few times will often clean the dirty contacts. On the other hand, if the switch has fallen apart...... You could try asking at your Peugeot parts counter, though these days I rarely find anyone with much knowledge there. But they might be able to see on the parts diagrams. Peugeot Customer Services do not have a good reputation from what I have heard. Normally lucky to get a reply.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Mike D

Don't you just love this modern trend for sealed units.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Mike D