clutch problem 306

as my pedal was stiff and i was finding the gears a little stiff at times i've replaced the cable and gearbox fluid. pedal much lighter but i have two problems.

  1. biting point now really low down was halfway before
  2. gears still stiff to engage although the low biting point won't be helping

any ideas before i replace the clutch?

306 1998 1.9 DTurbo

Simon

Reply to
Simon

M. H. Greaves

it's a cable clutch

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

it an auto adjuster biting point halfway before cable change now on floor

simon

Reply to
Simon

Have you adjusted/reset the clutch pedal? Go under the bonnet, and release the cable from the clutch arm, the pedal will spring up, check it! now reconnect the cable to the arm, and go inside and press the pedal. I remember i had to do this on my escort when i replaced the clutch, gotta be worth a try!!

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

the pedal comes up okay it's the bititng point that's changed from halfway to almost at the bottom.

simon

Reply to
Simon

Reply to