Dash bulbs on 806

I want to exchange the bulb behind the odometer for an led, which I hope will be brighter and make the figures more easily readable. Can anyone tell me how to access the bulb holders?

My clock bulb has just failed as well. Is there a trick to access that too?

Many thanks.

Reply to
JT

You might find the l,e,d, lights a little too bright.

Reply to
Chrs

"JT" schreef in bericht news:fich23$vq8$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

I don't understand why they don't apply LEDs in the first place. They are also much more durable (I think they will never fail), and use less power than bulbs.

Reply to
Linea Recta

Its all about COST..

Reply to
Chrs

Depends on the LED and the ballast resistor.

Reply to
Peter Chant

But surely LEDs are cheaper?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

They are lots of money got one for my maglight cost me =A34.00. if i had normal bulb cost =A31.29; but led. work longer and better brighter.

Reply to
Chrs

Would be happy to! But can anyone tell me how to access the bulbs? Thanks again!

Don't know if others have the same problem but I can read the odometer OK at night and on a dark winter day but in bright conditions the figures are indecipherable.

Reply to
JT

Ah ha. Your torch LED is a white high power one one plus compact driver electronics.

The small ones used for panel indicators on white goods, hifi's etc are less than 10p each in quantity. Add an extra 2p for a ballast resistor.

Can be had in a range of brightnesses.

If this link does not break (expect it will) see here:

(avl%3auk,searchDiscon_uk%3aN)&Ntx=mode%20matchpartial&in_dim_search=1&N=4294953610%204294890252&forwardingPage=search&name=SiteStandard&obs=fObs&callingPage=/jsp/search/search.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0610144530.1196122736@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdladdmigmdimecefeceeldgondhgg.0&cacheID=uknetscape

Reply to
Peter Chant