Difference between pre 1997 1.6 xs engine and those madeafter 1997 1.6 xs engine

Does any 1 know what the difference is between a phase 1 1.6xs engine(Pre -

1997), and a phase 2 1.6xs engine(After 1997), as i am looking to fit a K&N induction kit to my phase 2 1998 1.6xs, however they only make one for the pahse 1 1.6xs going up to 1997.

I was wondering if these engines are indetical, any help considered thanks much appreciated

Reply to
Az E via CarKB.com