Empty battery 307SW - what to do?

It's very cold for the last several weeks, and after about a month on not driving my 307SW I am not able to start the engine, batter has no capacity due to no driving recently, and low temp makes battery even more weak.

What is a procedure to follow in that case? I know that on some old-fashioned standard car I would take out battery, fill it up, put it back and that's it. Or I would use cables to "borrow" some current from the battery of my

2nd car while it is running, would start the engine of my empty batter car, and that's it. But with car like 307 loaded with electronic, what I have to do to avoid

any damage of electronic or reset of my 307?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
307SW

A fully charged battery will be OK in very cold weather. (it will not freeze)

If the battery is left to discharge when the car is not used it may never fully recover.(particularly if it is more than 3 or 4 years old)

If it gets fully discharged it can easily freeze and this will make it useless. (a discharged battery can easily freeze)

Try to trickle charge it over two days, but I suspect it may have failed if it was very cold and fully discharged.

Alec

Reply to
Alec

Best to disconnect the battery and charge it, BUT you must let the BSI "go to sleep" before you disconnect. This means after switching off the ignition WAIT for three minutes (or if the fan is going wait till that stops, and then the 3 minutes) before disconnecting the battery. This allows the BSI to write to the ECU any information it needs. Treat it like your home computer and shut it down properly. This applies to all multiplex cars.

Reply to
nigel