Fitting a 207 Mirror - Is there an easy way for an idiot to fit one?

Hello Everyone (again), right then.

I now in my hands have a trusty 207 wing mirror - strange to have to replace the whole unit just to fix a bit of plastic - but who am i to suggest that peugout are mad.....

Anyway, bought it, and was told that its easy to fit, only three screws, and voila the jobs a goodun' and only an idjit' could mess it up.

Right - im that Idjit.

Just out of curiosity, where are the screws?

And is it really reasy to do, or am i asking for trouble by attempting this myself?

And once im done, anyone want a used 207 mirror with no capping?

And i dont mind being called an idiot - im happy to admit that while i can watercool computers down, while squeezing every last mhz out of their components, car's are a mystery to me!

Im a Car repair virgin! and if i can save =A3100 worth of fitting by having ago, what have i lost, apart from self respect when i fail miserably!

Ta!

Reply to
AlexHaden

In news: snipped-for-privacy@w34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, AlexHaden typed, for some strange, unexplained reason: : Hello Everyone (again), right then. : : I now in my hands have a trusty 207 wing mirror - strange to have to : replace the whole unit just to fix a bit of plastic - but who am i to : suggest that peugout are mad..... : : Anyway, bought it, and was told that its easy to fit, only three : screws, and voila the jobs a goodun' and only an idjit' could mess it : up. : : Right - im that Idjit. : : Just out of curiosity, where are the screws? : : And is it really reasy to do, or am i asking for trouble by attempting : this myself? : : And once im done, anyone want a used 207 mirror with no capping? : : And i dont mind being called an idiot - im happy to admit that while i : can watercool computers down, while squeezing every last mhz out of : their components, car's are a mystery to me! : : Im a Car repair virgin! and if i can save £100 worth of fitting by : having ago, what have i lost, apart from self respect when i fail : miserably! : : Ta!

Don't know the 207 but if it's anything like the Ford Fiesta I used to have then you'll have to take off the interior door panel to get at the screws. Took me an hour to get that panel off just to undo 2 screws..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones