2008 207 mirror back - how much?!

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on how much i should expet to pay in the uk for something.

Some nice person (thank you very much) decided to smack my drivers side mirror and send the housing fling into the road, to be crushed.

Its the top and bottom part of the back of the mirror housing, the insides are fine.

Anyway went to our peug dealer, and they told me 70+ vat (painted!) for the part.

Lo and behold - it arrives and its only the top part, go back today, and hes telling me its another 79+ vat for the bottom part!!!

So thats almost =A3200 for some thin plastic??? Surely it cannot cost more than an xbox 360 to get the back housing for a mirror?

Or has the world totally gone mad, and thats what the cost is?

Thanks for any words of sanity!

Reply to
AlexHaden

Have you not heard of breaker yards?

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Nope, whats one of them?

Reply to
AlexHaden

A small area for CB'ers

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Thanks for that, next time im down at my local car scrap yard, i'll keep an eye out for a rubber duck,

Quack Quack, good buddy,

Out

Reply to
AlexHaden

D> > AlexHaden wrote:

--=20 Chris

Reply to
Chris

PMSL....

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Snip

GSF Carparts,

Google for peugeot spares.

Reply to
malc

?
Reply to
Keith W

Reply to
Chris

very helpful

I'm not one for gadgets but as I get older I do have a bit of trouble sometimes finding places and my TomTom has been a godsend. No stopping every 2 minutes to read maps and yes I have been send down a dead end street by it once or twice.

The CB on the other hand relies on you either knowing someone on the other end who actually know where you are going or managing to find someone who isn't winding you up to deliberately get you lost and can be heard within the few miles reach of a CB. It also requires that Johnny DJ isn't practising his talents on the One Four when you are trying to use it.

Oh yes, the sat nav can fit in my pocket.

Thanks for the laugh Keith.

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Chris, I was so sorry to see your news. Please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss. I can't imagine what a shock it must have been.

You are in my thoughts,

Keith

Reply to
Keith W

So sorry to hear your news Chris

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Sorry to here that, my condolences.

Reply to
malc

Hi Chris,

I'm coming late, being pretty busy (and lazy perhaps) these days... I'm sorry to read about that and I present you all my sincere condolences.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T