Easy way to declare SORN

Just got a tax renewal, which I will be declaring SORN on. There is a phone number so you can declare SORN directly with a human, took about a minute !!
very impressed, or there is the facility on the internet at dvla.gov.uk
So, anyone that says it takes too long to do, now has no excuse at all!!
MrCheerful

Since when? The only facility for SORN on the DVLA website is to download form V890, which you then have to post off to the DVLA or local VRO.
Alex

phone
!!
I agree, I can find no mention on the dvla site. I used the phone service, which worked fine. The leaflet I read said that I could also use the website and I believed them ! Sorry.
MrCheerful

The online SORN facility is due "early in 2004" according to the online copy of the DVLA mag.
--
Regards, Chris (Please take out my car to reply by email)
----1961 Austin A40 Farina----1966 Triumph Herald Estate---

They've got a "mag"???!!!!! You say online but is there a printed version? At what f*cking cost to the tax paying motorist? Bumjockeys.
-- Ken Davidson DocDelete

See http://www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/pdf/DVL_Today_24.pdf but this is one issue behind all the current discussions are on articles in issue 25, which presumably is the DVLA House Magazine.
Eventiually when the legislation's in place, we will then get to see issue 25 on their web site.
Pezzack

Which, knowing government IT projects means late 2014, and three times over-budget
Alex

phone
!!
Information leaflet INS163, dated 9/03