Floorwell behind driver position suddenly wet????

Is there a plug or obvious ingress point for water to get into the right back passenger floorwell as I have suddenly discovered the equivalent water content of Australia's shortage in that position!!!! Help!

Gordon

Reply to
gordythegouge

If it's a Pug 205 the rear quarterlight seals or rear light cluster seals are a good bet. What car is it ?????? : )

Reply to
Stuart Gray

It's a 406 LXTD

Reply to
gordythegouge

Have you had the passenger door replaced at all? I had mine replaced on my

406 and just this week a pool of water appeared in the footwell after heavy rain. It seems the bottom of the door does not quite make contact with the inside rubber seal, the water is pooling in the door sill between the 2 seals and spilling over into the footwell as the seal to the door is no longer good.
Reply to
StevieWonder

I'll put money on it being the inner door membrane, it's a plastic liner that covers the inside of the door and stops water from running down the windows and into the car.

You have to take the door card off to get to it, you can re-seal the musing silicon sealant or something similar.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Removing the door card? Is that a job for your average Mr. Bean or will it have to go to a garage? Gordy

Reply to
gordythegouge

It's easy, you just have to work out where the fixings are and how they come apart, best way to learn is go and take the card off one in the scrappy.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy