HDI Engine does not suite Australian Diesel.

I saw an article in the newspaper that Peugeot doesn't like to upgrade their

406 series to the 2.2 HDI diesel engine because the fuel quality is poor in Australia,

Anyone care to respond?

Kindest regards

Reply to
LDL

Hello,

Well, HDis, like most common rail systems, are sensitive to fuel quality. I've heard of HDis breaking hi pressure pumps because of poor fuel, in general with water in it. This may be true - note I don't have a clue on Aussie fuel quality, and so I don't know if it's as good as European (at least french) fuel. My conclusion is "that's possible".

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to
Yuting Wan

Funny I have 3 diesel vehicles (two 4x4) and we now have a 307 Hdi. I have only had one bad tank of diesel since 1988. It is not a question of poor quality diesel by European standards rather a case of too high sulphide content and the oil industy here (Aus) are required to reduce it. I never knew Caltex was selling sulphide reduce diesel I know that BP refinery in Brisbane was to produce the new diesel and was to go on sale at the end of year. This not only effect Peugeot but also Citroen (C3 & C5) plus some of the newer high tech 4x4 diesel (Jeep,Prado) plus most common rail diesel vehicles Some 12 months a go I drove the 307Hdi from Castlemaine to Brisbane and back some

6.5kilometres with no sign of trouble refuelling at some of remote fuel stops. Your best bet is use fuel stop that cater for trucks and have high turnover of diesel you will get cleaner/ fresher diesel ( less water and rubbish).

Keith

Reply to
Keith Holley

Hi There, I 've just received news from BP. The Ultra Low Surlphur Diesel is available now in Sydney, here is the reply from BP: 'Thank you for contacting the BP Australia Website.

In regards to your inquiry, the roll out for BP Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel will commence tonight and should be readily available from all our BP Retail Sites.

If you have any further inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact the Customer Response Centre on 1300 1300 27.'

Cheers,

Tim

Reply to
Yuting Wan

This may be of interest to some people. European standard diesel will be release next week in Sydney by Shell. The new diesel release by Shell will be called Shell Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel not Caltex. BP will follow suite in a couple of weeks using Shell Ultra diesel fuel.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Holley