head gasket

i have a Peugeot 405 dt K reg, done over 312,000 had it since 10,000 miles, love it to death, running fine but.... for 18 months there has been some pressure in the radiator and had to fill up water every other journey! Engine never got hot. Radiator has found to be blocked yesterday when car overheated for the first time (didn't get into red) and garage have had a look and think it has blown the head gasket. Impossible question but how much should it cost to put right? Am i being over sentimental? Wendy

Reply to
<wendywj

get a quote first. if its the head gasket only should not be much. but it the labour . from chris addlestone.

Reply to
Chris

journey!

Wendy

Hiya. I agree, the head gaskets arent that expensive, its the labour costs to get it fixed, as its a days work. For example, the head gasket on my peugeot 306 went recently, and when i rang around the garages, the cheapest quote i got was £600!!! However, when i went into halfords, to look at the price of the kit for the head gasket for my car, it only cost £70!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i did it myself in the end.

Reply to
andrew_caple