Headlamp height adjustment 406

I was told on my MOT that I need to adjust the height of my headlight beams, as apparently they are too low.

Is this a particularly easy job to be done at home, or do I have to get it in to somebody who can measure the beam heights?

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Has yours got motorised lamps? If so, check the switch setting! Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Hi John,

I have a 2003 406 HDi and there a is a control just by my right knee that raises & lowers the headlights.

DaveG

John Duffey wrote:

Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com

It has.

Apparently the chap who did the MOT had it set to the highest height. It passed, but I was advised that they were rather low.

I've found some alan key type twisty things just on the back of the lamps. I reckon a few turns of those has done at least something to the light height. I'll check properly when it gets dark.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Thats what you turn John, the alan key shaped things, that's correct. Turn them a few times...Also check that your lamps are in place properly. Sometimes if you remove your headlamp bulbs and they're not put back in properly, they can give the impression that you need to adjust the beams. To check this, look into the headlamp bulb through the front lense and make sure the bulb is in straight. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000