heater

Well never had any problem with the heater untill running down the M1 last night getting a very wet foot due to the heater matrix leaking.is it a easy job to do i have to wait till the summer is here to do it ,so i can give my self time to get up after i have been bending down for a long time my bones are not as young as they used to be,

Reply to
Chris

Chris

Perhaps if you gave us a clue regarding which vehicle you have it would help.

Reply to
Brian Kelly

My own experience is with a 605 and no the job isn't easy as the complete dash has to come out. My pet mechanic gave up on the job and I ended up flogging the car for a song at the car auction (I believe labour estimate at main dealer was 12 hours !)

I believe it's possible on later 405's to change the matrix without removing the dash but it will still be a tricky job. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will come along and clarify.

Reply to
Brian Kelly

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris. I seem to remember people on this group a few years ago with that problem so a search in Google Groups might throw something up. Otherwise, the guy most likely to know is Nigel. He is a pug mechanic and very knowledgeable about them.

Reply to
Keith W

Try this link to Google Groups. I searched on 405 +heater and got many hits.

Reply to
Keith W

Really am getting old and doddery. Here is the link this time.

Keith W