HELP 309 help urgent please

Just had my 309 from the garage but how the hell do I open the petrol filler cap??????? Its an '89 model on a G plate. Thanks in advance

Reply to
atlantica

Hmm, I take it you've only just got the car? Is there a lever to the side of the drivers seat, between the door and the sill? Try pulling it. If this is broken I remember either the 309 or 306 handbook having an illustration where you pulled the cable inside the boot to release the filler cap.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

Thanks mate. Found the leaver now (or the remains of it anyway!!!!). Off to get a new one tomorrow. Feel such a dick asking this question!!

Reply to
atlantica

Hi,

Should be damn easy to find in a scrapyard, I think... That's a 309 special feature :-)

Regards,

-- G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

It is the same as the 306. My wife went into a filling station, then realised she couldn't open the filler. Fortunately there was another 306 owner there who told her. I had previously mentioned it but had forgotten to fit the ear plug first to stop the information going straight through.

Reply to
Brian

On my 406 the cable's OK, but there's a spring failed or something in the flap, so you have to prop the lever up with a key and push the flap by hand.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges