High CO level during MOT.

During the MOT a high CO level was measured (0.7%) - Hydrocarbons were inside the limit (70 ppm)

What could be the cause of this ? The local garage will look at it on Monday but suspects the catalyst. Could it be a loose lamda sensor or something else (cheaper than a cat )

Thanks for any insights.

Boris.

Reply to
Boris Fennema

Your lambda may be messed. Its a bit of a cycle. If the lambda is faulty then it coats up your cat even more. So both may need replacing. What car is it btw? Some Pugs have these problems and need a software upgrade on the ECU. This should be done free of charge by a Pug Dealer.

Reply to
StealthUK

Reply to
Mindwipe :-)

planet earth! ecu fault was a known on 1.8 petrol models. subject to pug recall. FREE OF CHARGE

Reply to
SimonDS

Reply to
Mindwipe :-)

Reply to
SimonDS

Any idea if this is a problem with other models? I have a Jan 1995 405 with xu7 engine. So far emissions have been fine but I've got an MOT on Monday and emissions are not something I can check in advance.

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin