how to remove 106 radio

Hi,

I have a 1994 106 and I was wondering how to take the basic radio out without damaging my dash so that I can put a better radio in.

Thanks Gemma

Reply to
Gem

Gem unleashed:

if its the same as the 306, try searching Google Groups as I remember someone mentioning the use of slim handled spoons to get it out..

Reply to
David Beamish

A metal wire coat hanger, cut the corner angles off (so they resemble: < > ), push one end of the wire each side of the radio about half way down the vertical sides, this should push the clips out of their seating. Then, using the angle of the coat hanger, pull towards you..

Their may be a surround on the 106 for the head unit that you have to pull off first, or either side of the radio may detatch to allow access to the clips? ... Im not overly familiar with the 106.

The radio should slide out fully, or at least enough for you to slide it the rest of the way with your hand.

Instructions with your new radio will tell you how to put that in.

Once you're done, take the coat hanger corners out of your car, you don't want to be stopped with a pair of them in your car.

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

If it's the same as the 306 and I think it is, there are a couple of small slots UNDER the radio. I bought a couple of special plates which slide into the slots and release the radio. This was after trying to dismantle the whole dash BTW!! as I thought that was the only way to get it out.

HTH

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Reply to
Mindwipe

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:57:54 +0000 (UTC), "Gem" wrote: Well if this isn't ironic! Having replied that I thought it was the same as my old 306, my wife has just come in and says that her cassette doesn't work any more in her M reg 106! Now I really do need to find out how to get it out.

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff