I can't disconnect my fuel filter

I'm trying to replace the fuel filter on my 99 model petrol 306 but I can't detach the fuel lines from the original filter. The ends of the fuel lines that connect to the filter have some kind of attachment rather than 'worm drive' hose clips.

Has anybody seen these and know how to release them?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@balcanicsoft.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

jerry.carwile

Must be original equipment - fuel hose is fairly robust so a bit of careful levering will separate. get a junior hacksaw and detach from hose. Bit of bar steward to reattach hose to (new) worm clips as they are a very tight fit on the filter. Something like redex will help ease on and will not react with the chemical composition of the hose etc.

if all else fails, Peugeot dealer must have a separation tool - get them removed and fit worm clips. Your 306 must have been dealer serviced, can' see a fuel filter lasting 6 years without some problems.

best of luck

Reply to
Gavin