93 F-350 fuel filter question.

I've got a '93 F-350 and I'm just having the hardest time removing the fuel filter. This is the filter that is in-line, mounted to the frame roughly amidships, but on the left side.

The clips that hold the fuel lines in place come off OK. I've been told that all I need to do next is to pull the lines off the filter. Well, so far they just won't pull. I've tried prying them off, pulling, twisting, but no joy. There are no clamps or anything along those lines, the fuel line connections look kind of like a quick disconnect compression fitting like you may use on an air compressor, but smaller. There does not seem to be a moveable sleeve anywhere, or mine are quite stuck.

Am I just not pulling hard enough? Is there a release mechanism of any sort that I'm not aware of?

Reply to
TomO

Shep

I didn't notice that while under there yesterday, but the new filter did come with new white plastic clips. I'll give that a closer look.

Should I see them through the end of the connector (in-line with the fuel filter) or from the side somewhere?

Reply to
TomO

Reply to
Shep

Thanks, I'll have another look. I don't recall seeing any openings on the sides of the connector, but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time

Reply to
TomO